Re: [yast-devel] Report from OpenSUSE Conference
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 16:05:07 +0200
On Tue, 30 May 2017 14:58:27 +0200
Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dne 28.5.2017 v 21:20 Josef Reidinger napsal(a):

Ancor's talk was well explained how our ecosystem works. For me the
most intesting was question at the end of talk from audience why we
do not have in Tumbleweed two yast modules that are in enterprise
distribution and one that was mentioned was s390 ( so I suspect that
guy was from IBM and second module is probably reipl ). As IBM is
trying to make an opensuse spin for s390, maybe it make sense to
also have those two modules in factory?

Factory does not build for s390 and the yast2-s390 package is
"ExclusiveArch: s390 s390x". That means the package would not build
there.

I'm not sure if the Factory maintainers would accept a package which
does not build at all...

Same is true for s390-tools and it is there see
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:Factory/s390-tools/s390-tools.spec?expand=1

So it should be possible.

Josef