Re: [yast-devel] Report from OpenSUSE Conference
Dne 28.5.2017 v 21:20 Josef Reidinger napsal(a):

Thanks for the report, I'll just add some notes:

Feedback from this part - yast_devel pattern sucks and we should update
it.

A cleanup is already tracked at https://trello.com/c/d9G8BQiY,
you can add more ideas/issues there.

Person who came here just to learn something about ruby burned out and
leave after two hours. But when we talk later he said that he is
impresed by ruby and plan to read something more about it. It is just
too much new information to hold.

Maybe next time we could do some kind of "Ruby for beginners" session
first, ideally the day before the workshop so people not familiar with Ruby
could learn the basic Ruby and the next day they could try hacking YaST.

Presentation was good, looks like everything is clear for audience.
Having presentation after lunch break when sun is shinning really sucks.

:-))

### Interesting Parts from Other Talks

Ancor's talk was well explained how our ecosystem works. For me the
most intesting was question at the end of talk from audience why we do
not have in Tumbleweed two yast modules that are in enterprise
distribution and one that was mentioned was s390 ( so I suspect that
guy was from IBM and second module is probably reipl ). As IBM is
trying to make an opensuse spin for s390, maybe it make sense to also
have those two modules in factory?

Factory does not build for s390 and the yast2-s390 package is
"ExclusiveArch: s390 s390x". That means the package would not build there.

I'm not sure if the Factory maintainers would accept a package which does
not build at all...

--
Ladislav Slezák
YaST Developer