Re: [yast-devel] storage-ng and cache invalidation
On 05/30/2017 11:04 AM, Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:04:33AM +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:

[...]

Now lets get to storage-ng. I try to port this fix there. So my
first question is, what is similar equivalent in storage-ng
which allows me to see if there is change in storage, so
bootloader proposal is no longer valid?

That was discussed and even documented in
yast2-storage-ng/doc/software-requirements.md but unfortunately
already deleted. Have a look at
https://w3.suse.de/~shundhammer/storage-timer.txt.

And implemented as documented here.

To check the revision number:
http://www.rubydoc.info/github/yast/yast-storage-ng/master/Y2Storage/StorageManager#staging_revision-instance_method

To update the staging devicegraph making sure revision gets updated as well:
http://www.rubydoc.info/github/yast/yast-storage-ng/master/Y2Storage/StorageManager#staging=-instance_method
http://www.rubydoc.info/github/yast/yast-storage-ng/master/Y2Storage/StorageManager#proposal=-instance_method

Cheers.
--