Re: [yast-devel] storage-ng and cache invalidation
On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:04:33AM +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:

[...]

Now lets get to storage-ng. I try to port this fix there. So my
first question is, what is similar equivalent in storage-ng
which allows me to see if there is change in storage, so
bootloader proposal is no longer valid?

That was discussed and even documented in
yast2-storage-ng/doc/software-requirements.md but unfortunately
already deleted. Have a look at
https://w3.suse.de/~shundhammer/storage-timer.txt.

[...]

Also I have to say, that from user POV, segfault and ruby
exception is very very different. When I get ruby exception, I
see popup saying what is a problem. I can continue. I was asked
to report bug. And the most important part, I can get logs as
environment still lives! When I get segfault, I get quick black
screen followed by red area on blue which mention Error occured
during installation without any details and what is more
important: I do not find way how to get any logs, at least
y2signal log will be useful!!

AFAIR as long as the red popup is there you can switch to another
console and copy logs and debug the issue.

For debugging I recommend to attach gdb before the error happens.

ciao
Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxxx>