Re: [yast-devel] Checking the Git status in the Jenkins jobs regularly
Dne 5.5.2017 v 16:23 Ladislav Slezak napsal(a):
[...]
What about scheduling a poll in all jobs once a day? Ideally during night so
it does
not interfere with our work if there is some missing build.

Originally I wanted to run it once a week but as Jenkins checks whether there
is a
change in the Git repo and skips the already built commits it is safe to run
it more
often.

Any comments, ideas?

If nobody is against I'd update all YaST jobs by a script globally.

OK, so I updated all "yast-*" jobs at the public Jenkins server [1] to poll
for Git changes randomly everyday some time between 1:00AM and 2:59AM.
(To avoid high load in a fixed time.)

That ensures when a GitHub webhook notification is lost (Jenkins down, network
issues) than the job should be run during night at the latest.

[1] https://ci.opensuse.org

--
Ladislav Slezák
YaST Developer