Re: [yast-devel] 2nd attempt: do we need a layer between libstorage-ng and (the rest) of YaST?
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 11:34:40AM +0100, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

But let's try another less simplistic example, in which I expect at
least some downcasts in the bare libstorage-ng version:

For a given disk, an array of its encrypted logical partitions
containing an ext3 filesystem

One possible option with my suggested ruby-like API
the_disk.all_partitions.with(type: :logical).select do |part|
!part.all_encryptions.all_filesystems.with(type: :ext3).empty?
end

Do you have a use-case for that function?

Apart from that I am sure there are example where you need
downcasts. But my point is that you should bring good examples if
you complain about the Ruby bindings.

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxxx>