Re: [yast-devel] 2nd attempt: do we need a layer between libstorage-ng and (the rest) of YaST?
Dne 27.2.2017 v 08:51 Ancor Gonzalez Sosa napsal(a):
Do we need a layer between libstorage-ng and (the rest) of YaST?

I think so. Why do I?

TLDR; libstorage-ng is multilanguage (with a Ruby-agnostic API, to say
the least) and YaST-agnostic. Therefore, we need a layer to close the
distance between libstorage-ng and Ruby/YaST. The alternative is to have
boilerplate code all along YaST (like downcast) and our own
customization for the Ruby tools.

If you agree, please say so.

If you disagree, please provide counterarguments.

I do agree that this new layer between libstorage-ng and YaST Storage is
the most logical way of solving most of these issues and API design
problems that we have seen so far.

Maybe you still remember goals for 2016 - Code Quality: ... C++ looks
like C++, Ruby looks like Ruby, ... It was there for a reason ;)

Thanks!
Lukas

SLE Department, SUSE Linux
Sent from my Zarma Haka 3.0