Re: [yast-devel] 2nd attempt: do we need a layer between libstorage-ng and (the rest) of YaST?
On 02/27/2017 10:21 AM, Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 08:51:01AM +0100, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
Since the original thread is already ruined with discussions about
concrete API design details that were not the main topic of my question,
I will try once again from scratch.

Sorry to bother you, but if you continue to bring such bad
examples this thread will also be ruined by the end of the day.

a_filesystem.all_disks

But the user is expected to do this

blk_dev = a_filesystem.blk_devices[0]
if Storage.encryption?(blk_device)
blk_device = Storage.to_encryption(blk_device).blk_device
end
return [Storage.to_disk(blk_dev)] if Storage.disk?(blk_dev)
if Storage.partition?(blk_device)
partition = Storage.to_partition(blk_device)
if Storage.disk?(partition.partition_table.partitionable)
return [Storage.to_disk(partition.partition_table.partitionable)]
else
# MD case
end
elsif Storage.lvm_lv?(blk_device)
# The LVM case, which is double the size than the partition one
end

Or just:

for filesystem.ancestors do |device| do
ret = []
ret << device if disk?(device)
return ret
done

Ok, I'll bite the hook.

That returns objects of class Device, not disks. You forgot the
downcast. So it would be
ret << Storage.to_disk(device) if disk?(device)

And as I have tried to explain (and apparently failed), checking for the
real type of something and then performing a downcast is already non-ruby.

But let's try another less simplistic example, in which I expect at
least some downcasts in the bare libstorage-ng version:

For a given disk, an array of its encrypted logical partitions
containing an ext3 filesystem

One possible option with my suggested ruby-like API
the_disk.all_partitions.with(type: :logical).select do |part|
!part.all_encryptions.all_filesystems.with(type: :ext3).empty?
end

Arvin, can you please provide the bare libstorage-ng example so we save
the correction step. ;-)

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa