Re: [yast-devel] 2nd attempt: do we need a layer between libstorage-ng and (the rest) of YaST?
On 02/27/2017 07:51 AM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
Since the original thread is already ruined with discussions about
concrete API design details that were not the main topic of my question,
I will try once again from scratch.

Do we need a layer between libstorage-ng and (the rest) of YaST?

I think so. Why do I?

TLDR; libstorage-ng is multilanguage (with a Ruby-agnostic API, to say
the least) and YaST-agnostic. Therefore, we need a layer to close the
distance between libstorage-ng and Ruby/YaST. The alternative is to have
boilerplate code all along YaST (like downcast) and our own
customization for the Ruby tools.

If you agree, please say so.

As you already presented your arguments, all I'm going to say is that I fully agree.

Thanks!

--
Imobach González Sosa
YaST team at SUSE LINUX GmbH