Re: [yast-devel] Feedback needed! Hack Week project to re-define storage-ng API
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 14:28:13 +0100
On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 14:02:46 +0100
Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 01:51:42PM +0100, Josef Reidinger wrote:

Let see how it will work in reality in bootloader code with
storage-ng.

now:

def with_btrfs?(partition)
partition.filesystem.type == ::Storage::FsType_BTRFS
rescue Storage::WrongNumberOfChildren, Storage::DeviceHasWrongType
# No filesystem in the partition
false
end

can be:

def with_btrfs?(partition)
partition.filesystem.type.btrfs?
end

Or can be:

def with_btrfs?(partition)
partition.has_filesystem && is_btrfs(partition.filesystem)
end

No exceptions, no NullObject, no enum, no type classes. For me
straightforward readable code.

As I already wrote: The style is up to you.

ciao Arvin

Just question. Where is defined method is_btrfs? It is in ruby global
namespace? or Yast namespace? I am not aware that such method exists.

Josef