Re: [yast-devel] Feedback needed! Hack Week project to re-define storage-ng API
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 13:57:42 +0100
On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 13:51:42 +0100
Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 01:34:31PM +0100, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 10:58:19 +0100
Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 10:37:24AM +0100, Josef Reidinger wrote:

Nil instead of exceptions
-------------------------

make sense for me, another option that make sense for me is
NullObject, that allows some introspection and e.g. better
writting to log.

Exceptions come with introspection and logging.

ciao Arvin

We also discussed it in past and now with seeing that I need to
rescue around every call for valid storage setup in bootloader, I
found it even more annoying.

You don't have to. E.g. instead of calling
'partition.get_filesystem()' and catching an exception you can
also query 'partition.has_filesystem()' beforehand. The
programming style is up to you.

ciao Arvin

OK, I do not know about it.

Ancor what was reason to not use this kind in bootloader and
yast-storage-ng instead of bunch of rescues?