Re: [yast-devel] Feedback needed! Hack Week project to re-define storage-ng API
On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 01:34:31PM +0100, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 10:58:19 +0100
Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 10:37:24AM +0100, Josef Reidinger wrote:

Nil instead of exceptions
-------------------------

make sense for me, another option that make sense for me is
NullObject, that allows some introspection and e.g. better writting
to log.

Exceptions come with introspection and logging.

ciao Arvin

We also discussed it in past and now with seeing that I need to rescue
around every call for valid storage setup in bootloader, I found it
even more annoying.

You don't have to. E.g. instead of calling
'partition.get_filesystem()' and catching an exception you can
also query 'partition.has_filesystem()' beforehand. The
programming style is up to you.

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxxx>