Re: [yast-devel] An interesting Ruby exercise for a Friday
On 02/10/2017 02:26 PM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
On 02/10/2017 02:06 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
Any obvious drawback in the implementation?

I'm writing RSpec tests right now, before you ask.

Hi,

This really sounds cool for Friday hacking ;) My only question here is:
Are we really the first ones to be solving such issue? If yes, how comes
so? If no, then some generic solution probably already exists.

Of course I did some research before about patterns to solve this in
general and in Ruby. That's how I found this

https://github.com/jordansissel/software-patterns/tree/master/dont-log-secrets

which I used as an inspiration and which allowed me to discover
awesome_print. So I also tested my both solutions with to_s, inspect,
pretty_print and awesome_print.

I also checked the Ruby on Rails solution, which works at logger level,
instead of at class level. I prefer ours and I doubt something similar
to the Rails solution would make sense for us.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH