Re: [yast-devel] Re: SP3 and factory have different binary sources
Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 11:39:36AM +0100, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 01:24:29PM +0100, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:20:26 +0100
Ludwig Nussel <lnussel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

[if there were replies for this on the list only I didn't get them]

Any update here?

no update. I suggest to talk with lukas ocilka to move forward. As he
is product owner and he prioritize work and we are currently quite
overwhelmed with development of CAASP, so you need to convince him we
should invest time to change way how we submitting stuff.

Right now yast makes mine and the SLE release manager's lives for
reviewing harder as all yast packages appear in the list of not
matching packages. It's hard to tell whether there's a real and
intentional difference to Factory or just fallout from this way of
submitting things. So please invest time there. I wouldn't go so far
to say it makes release managers happy, but less grumpy at times for
sure ;-)

snapper seems to use the same mechanism. The approach looks even more
silly there:
https://build.suse.de/package/rdiff/Devel:YaST:Head/snapper?opackage=snapper&oproject=openSUSE.org:filesystems:snapper&rev=50

I do not understand the problem here since Devel:YaST:Head is a
link to filesystems:snapper. Please explain.

If there's meant to be a link then OBS doesn't know about it :-)

Then someone broke the setup. The description still includes a
note that it is a link.

It's separate copies. As you can see from the diff the tarballs have
different checksums.

Your diff-link compares different versions so the tarball are of
course different.

o_O. So it changed since last week. Remove the rev parameter from
the link so you diff the latest.

cu
Ludwig

--