Re: [yast-devel] Re: SP3 and factory have different binary sources
Dne 19.1.2017 v 14:20 Ludwig Nussel napsal(a):
[...]
No idea :-) You'd have to try to see if the result is identical.

I have tried that tar command manually and it works, the recreated
tarball has the same SHA1 sum.

But it is be a bit tricky to incorporate this into the rake task.

We use the standard Rake::PackageTask class for this, it allows
to optionally specify the "tar" command, but it does not allow
to pass additional parameters :-(

I tried a trick with tar_command = "tar --mtime=@0 --owner=0 ..."
but that does not work as the options must be placed after the
"jcfv" command otherwise it fails with an argument error.

So my PoC solution [1] simply creates the target directory
and builds the tarball with Rake::PackageTask and then repackages the
directory again using the extra tar options.

The only drawback is that the files in the tarball have zero timestamps
(01-01-1970), which IMO is not nice as sometimes they are useful :-(

What do you think about it?

[1] https://github.com/openSUSE/packaging_rake_tasks/pull/32

--
Ladislav Slezák