Re: [yast-devel] Jenkins mailing someone wrong about build failures
On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 22:30:45 +0100
Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

while checking the admin@o.o tickets, I found one that says the YaST
Jenkins instance mails someone who should not receive those mails:

===
It looks like for some reason your Jenkins thinks commits made via
github are associated with this email address so I keep getting
notifications when builds fail. This has been happening for a few
months now.
===

See https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/14450 for details, and feel
free to respond there directly. Also note that the ticket was
bitrotting for 3 months, so if you already accidently ;-) fixed this
in the meantime, just say so ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz

Hi Christian,
we already explained it via email. Root of issue is somewhere in
jenkins. When git repo is edited via github web access it have that
change is done via github and jenkins think it is done by user github
and for whatever reason it is associated with given mailing address
github@ . So it should be fixed in jenkins itself. It have nothing to
do with our setup, as we use simple send email in case of failure to
authors of commits that broke it.

Josef