Re: [yast-devel] SP3 and factory have different binary sources
Dne 5.1.2017 v 10:04 Josef Reidinger napsal(a):
[...]
Ludwig also have some ideas how to solve it. One is using link from OBS
to IBS. Then remaining challenge is to create submit requests in IBS.
One idea can be to have jenkins workers that only send sr. Another idea
I have which can be even easier is to simply have job that compare
version of SP3 and Devel:YaST:SP3 and if it differs, then create submit
request.

Having links is probably a better idea because everybody can easily find
out that the sources are the same and see the intention. Having
some "magic" running in Jenkins (outside the OBS/IBS) might be a bit tricky
for the people outside the YaST team.

[...]

Any more ideas? Or do you thing that we do not need to care about
binary incompatibility?

Um, what are actually the disadvantages of the current state?
Does it make accepting the SRs more difficult?

I personally do not care much about the exact match of the
source tarballs, on package update we always build and send a
completely new tarball anyway. (We do not use the old tarball + a patch.)

--
Ladislav Slezák
YaST Developer

SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.