Re: [yast-devel] A New YaST *.opensuse.org domain?
On 2016-12-06 16:55, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Hi all,

as you probably know we need to move our YaST blog from
lizards.opensuse.org to a new
place. We decided to use the Jekyll platform hosted at GitHub pages.

And it would be nice to have a stable domain name so we do not invalidate the
blog URLs when we need to move it again in the future (hopefully that
won't happen,
but never say never...).

For us the easiest way is to obtain some subdomain in the *.opensuse.org domain.

So far I found these options

1) yastblog.opensuse.org - to me it looks a bit hard to read and write...

2) yast.opensuse.org/blog - looks nice, we could alias "yast.opensuse.org"
to "yast.github.io" and the /blog would work out of box as the prototype
is already running at https://yast.github.io/blog. Moreover we would get
a nice URL for the main landing page as well.

3) blog.yast.opensuse.org - this would probably make sense only if we needed
more *.yast.opensuse.org domains, otherwise it's probably too long...

What do you think about it? Any ideas, comments?

+1 for #2. And the motivation is fully aethetical.

--
Ladislav Slezák
YaST Developer

SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.
Corso IIa
Křižíkova 148/34
18600 Praha 8

--
Devin Waas
QA Engineer for Maintenance - SUSE Enterprise Storage

SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.
CORSO II
Krizikova 148/34,
186 00 Prague 8