Re: [yast-devel] Ruby refinements
On 08/08/2016 10:11 AM, Imobach González Sosa wrote:
Hi all,

AFAIK, you're using refinements in libstorage-ng so maybe some of you are
interested in this short article: 'The Pros and Cons of Ruby Refinements'[1].

We are using it because libstorage-ng-ruby performs strict type checking
(it's a binding for C++, so it makes sense). That kills duck typing and
makes quite hard to use forwarders, decorators and other usual Ruby
techniques. Refinements allows us to decorate classes coming from
libstorage-ng without introducing other types.

Thus, with all the drawbacks explained in the article (I can confirm
them all :-) ), refinements are still our best option in that context.

Cheers.

[1] https://blog.codeship.com/ruby-refinements/

--
Ancor González Sosa