Re: [yast-devel] YaST Installer Memory Consumption (the Ruby part)
Dne 13.7.2016 v 12:16 Imobach González Sosa napsal(a):
It sounds good. But it will depend in how much memory is used to make the
compression (as you said in a status call IIRC).

My comment was mainly about the `xz` compression tool, according to this [1]
document it takes roughly 10 times more RAM than gzip.

But the Zlib Ruby compression uses the gzip algorithm so it should be OK
regarding to the memory consumption. More over the compression would happend
quite
early in the installation workflow, at that time there should be still enough
memory.
The most memory critical part is usually when starting the installation (during
partitioning and package installation).

I did some other space optimizations and Steffen removed duplicates from
inst-sys which saved several megabytes of RAM so this SSH config compression
is not that important anymore.

But as I wrote before it's really trivial to implement it so I'd look at it
again
later...

Lada

[1]