[yast-devel] Re: [opensuse-factory] GSoC yast-update-alternatives blog post
On 07/01/2016 05:17 PM, Joaquín Yeray Martín de la Nuez wrote:
Hello,

Recetly I published a blog post about my Google Summer of Code project,
it will be great if someone can read it and try the module and give your
opinion to obtain some feedback.

There is the post
http://joaquinyeray.me/2016/07/01/an-initial-version-of-gsoc-project/

Thanks for your time :-)

First of all, thanks for the effort. The module is looking fine so far.
Good work!

Now, the "not so nice" part. :-)

I tested the module and found some usability quirks. I would be
interested in other people opinion:

* It was kind of surprising to me that selecting a choice or setting
the alternative to automatic immediately closed the modal dialog.

* Initial focus on "search" is kind of strange in ncurses (although
having a bad initial focus on ncurses is almost a YaST trend :-) ).

* After changing an alternative (and thus closing the modal dialog)
the focus in the list of alternatives is again in the first item of
the list. I expect that kind of listing reloading in a web page, but
it feels weird for a desktop application.

* Cancel should alert that changes will be lost.

* The header of the choices table reads "alternative" instead of
"choice".

* I expected that selecting a choice and pressing enter (in ncurses)
our double clicking on it (in Qt) would set that choice, but I need
to use the "Set choice" button.

As said, just my view. I would like to know what other people has to say.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH