Re: [yast-devel] Re: [Research] Call for ideas: parted vs. udev-events vs. kernel
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2016, 18:23:21 CEST schrieb Michael Matz:
On Wed, 25 May 2016, Stefan Hundhammer wrote:
Brainstorming approach #4: Add read-only mode to parted

See attached, fixes the bug by always opening read-only and lazily
switching to read-write only when necessary (i.e. a write or flush
operation occurs). No libparted API changes, purely internal to the
linux "backend". I think I got all places where _ensure_read_write
must be called, if you hit problems it should be easy to diagnose,
because a forgotten call will lead to obvious errors for using a
write on a read-only FD, so should be easy to diagnose and add.
(also contains a local fix when not using blkid)

Minor nitpicking on the patch:

It seems the parted code (mostly) uses spaces, but the patch introduces
several tabs (I also verified this with the updated patch in Base:System/
parted). Can you fix this detail, please?

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
<hendersj> I guess part of the question then becomes what the ultimate
purpose of the board is. I've always been under the