Re: [yast-devel] Porting yast-apparmor
Dne 23.5.2016 v 20:43 Josef Reidinger napsal(a):

JSoN interface sounds good to me. I think it is good idea. As I said on IRC
DBuS
or CLI interface is good for yast.

I'd avoid DBus unless really needed, you need some background daemon to handle
it and
DBus might not be available.

In general any stable format like XML, JSoN or YAML is good for YaST as it is
easy
to parse with ruby and easy to construct.

All these formats are supported directly by Ruby stdlib, i.e. no need for
external
library.

Personally I'd prefer JSON or YAML. XML is too heavyweight IMHO and tends to
break
easily (you need to maintain the schema), JSON or YAML are more "stable" and
easier
to parse/construct.

--

Ladislav Slez√°k