[yast-devel] Porting yast-apparmor
  • From: Goldwyn Rodrigues <rgoldwyn@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 07:43:59 -0500
Hi,

Apparmor has switched from perl to python (version 3.4). Most of the tools/libraries are written in python. All earlier perl modules have been deprecated.
OTOH, yast is moving towards ruby deprecating python bindings, but still keeping the perl-bindings.

This leaves the fate of yast-apparmor in a bit unsupported state.

I have tried rubypython, but it supports python version 2.7 only. Supporting version 3 and above is not in their agenda as yet. Another ruby module "python" is not actively developed/maintained.

So, I am asking for options on how we can take the development of yast-apparmor forward.

One of the options is to create dbus interface between servers_non_y2 and clients. But that would require another process running in the background for event loop. It comes with it the steps of cleaning up the process on a exit/kill etc.

Any other ideas? I am pushing for the comeback of python bindings if possible ;)

--
Goldwyn