Re: [yast-devel] YaST Bootloader now calls grub2-install directly without going through perl-Bootloader?
Hi,

to give some background: The value for perl-Bootlader was to shield the
fact that we support multiple different bootloaders from YaST, as well
as various scripts (e.g. kernel post-install script). Withe the move to
GRUB2 as the only supported bootloader - on all architectures (well, it
is not always exactly the same, but it is configured the same way), this
layer is not necessary any more. Since it was very complex, it also came
with its portion of entries in our bzilla.

With calling GRUB directly and focusing on a single bootloader, the
whole stack got much simpler, which, after some initial tuning, will
hopefully reduce the bug load.

Jiri