Re: [yast-devel] Moving the team's blog
Dne 18.4.2016 v 10:47 Ancor Gonzalez Sosa napsal(a):
As mentioned in a call last week, we have been encouraged to move our blog out
of
lizards.opensuse.org because there are plans to shut down that service.

For me, the most obvious substitute would be just adding a blog section to
yast.github.io (that is, Jekyll + github pages).

+1

Using Github pages would allow us to use the usual review workflow via
pull requests. Also writing Markdown is easy, we already write the PR
description in MD so in the ideal case it would be just a copy&paste.

You can edit the posts directly in the Github Web UI.

So the barrier for writing the posts should be really low. That means someone
else than Ancor could do it ;-)

It looks like is possible to enable rss for github pages and the only missing
part would be comments. Not that bad, since all the really useful feedback we
have gotten from the blog posts has always come from the mailing lists, not from
direct blog comments.

Yes, the RSS support is really simple (it's present even in the default
template generated by Jekyll, [1]).

If we really want to have comments, there are solutions out there using disqus
or
github issues[1][2]. Just google for something like blog github pages or jekyll
github comments

How much feedback we got so far via the comments?

I guess not much, so I thing we can start with a simple blog without
comments, just telling the readers to write the feedback to yast-devel.
We can add the discussion support as the next step.

Lada

[1]
https://github.com/jekyll/jekyll/blob/329878c45f95748b4c0d8e19b86dc3e9e545b39d/lib/site_template/feed.xml

--