[yast-devel] Moving the team's blog
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 10:47:34 +0200
As mentioned in a call last week, we have been encouraged to move our
blog out of lizards.opensuse.org because there are plans to shut down
that service.

For me, the most obvious substitute would be just adding a blog section
to yast.github.io (that is, Jekyll + github pages).

It looks like is possible to enable rss for github pages and the only
missing part would be comments. Not that bad, since all the really
useful feedback we have gotten from the blog posts has always come from
the mailing lists, not from direct blog comments.

If we really want to have comments, there are solutions out there using
disqus or github issues[1][2]. Just google for something like
blog github pages
or
jekyll github comments

Looks like a candidate PBI for next sprint.

Cheers.

[1] https://github.com/mpalmer/jekyll-static-comments
[2]
http://ivanzuzak.info/2011/02/18/github-hosted-comments-for-github-hosted-blogs.html