Re: [yast-devel] ERROR: For RAID1, select at least 2 device.
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 17. April 2016, 12:14:42 CEST schrieb Martin Pluskal:
On 17.04.2016 11:56, Felix Miata wrote:
Without first asking in a public forum,

This is not public forum, this is mailing list, whose purpose is to
discuss development of yast (hence it's name "yast-devel")

Playing devil's advocate:

OK, so let's discuss if YaST should allow to create degraded RAID arrays
(like a RAID1 with only one disk)

;-))

BTW:
IMHO it would be useful if the error message Felix mentioned in $subject
would have a "I know what I'm doing, create a degraded RAID" button ;-)
It probably isn't needed often, but there are cases where it would be
helpful (I had to do that once, and ended up using mdadm).

mdadm itsself allows creating a degraded RAID - you have to use
"missing" instead of another /dev/sdXN as parameter.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Ich verlas mich. Die Dokumentation ist devel und nicht unstable, daher
kann wohl nur ein kyrillischer Zeichensatz oder gar ein inhaltlicher