Re: [yast-devel] Re: [opensuse] SEMI-SOLVED, re: ntpd failing
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 10:52:49 +0200
* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [03-23-16 08:55]:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [03-23-16 08:24]:
[...]
Hmm, looking at /usr/share/YaST2/modules/NtpClient.rb, it reads
NTPD_RUN_CHROOTED from sysconfig, and later writes it back, but
afaict
it does not change the setting. (very limited ruby skills). This is
on Leap 42.1, have a look at your TW installation, maybe it does
something else.

08:32 Crash: ~ # grep NTPD_RUN_CHROOTED /etc/sysconfig/ntp
NTPD_RUN_CHROOTED="no"

ran yast and changed NTPD_RUN_CHROOTED="no" to yes

Wait - with the sysconfig editor or the time&date module?

But, necessitates "systemctl restart ntpd" as yast fails looking for
"ntp" rather than "ntpd".

Might be worth pinging the yast guys.

See complete thread on opensuse list.

A huge thread[1]. But I didn't find any link to a bugzilla entry on it.
If I overlooked it, please point us there. If nobody has created the bug
report, please do it (with a reasonably concrete description so the
developer doesn't have to read the whole thread) so we can plan for it
in relation with other bugs and feature requests.

[1] https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2016-03/msg00798.html

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa