Re: [yast-devel] Yast packages .spec cleanups
On 22.3.2016 13:43, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:06:51 +0100
Tomas Chvatal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Any other requirements you would like to see and know? Overall of
course he will test the packages and install them so we are fairly
sure if it actually works ;-)

Good, just ensure that old version is not installed, otherwise it can
work even if something is not installed.

BTW I encouraged him to join our IRC and discuss what he finds as
currently there is combination of packages using rake, autotools and
cmake.

My requirement is "simple" and similar to Josef's:

- Learn what we do now, why and how (learn about our expectations)
- Define your/his expectations
- Discuss the proposed change with the team (Josef seems to have
volunteered for being the primary contact, but there are more experts
here)
- Change it via a PR

All discussion can be either here on a ML, or at our IRC or he can talk to people face to face or video to video at Jangouts.

Just a side note: I support this idea :)

SLE Department, SUSE Linux

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_Promise#Czech_Republic
http://www.scouting.org/Visitor/WhyScouting/ServingOthers.aspx