Re: [yast-devel] Yast packages .spec cleanups
On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:06:51 +0100
Tomas Chvatal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have new underling (Premysl Janouch) starting in packagers team from
this month. In order for him to learn about how we did and do packages
I needed to give him some old-style specs and get him to clean them up
and streamlined to current standards.

For that I noticed that Yast+friends would be nice testing ground.
Thus we (well he) would sort out the packages one by one and sent PR
on github of their respective projects.

For some it might be just spec-cleaner run for most I suspect it might
be slightly more tweaking. Regardless the requirements are:
1) clean it up
2) no excessive rpmlint warnings
3) support of 13.15+ (SLE12, openSUSE13.2, ...)

4) Do not break it :)
5) use spec cleaner and its result, we already do it automatic, just do
not have it in git -
https://github.com/openSUSE/packaging_rake_tasks/blob/ac35fdb8c3729a80eab62b42cc09933245f71326/lib/tasks/osc.rake#L123

Any other requirements you would like to see and know? Overall of
course he will test the packages and install them so we are fairly
sure if it actually works ;-)

Good, just ensure that old version is not installed, otherwise it can
work even if something is not installed.

BTW I encouraged him to join our IRC and discuss what he finds as
currently there is combination of packages using rake, autotools and
cmake.

Cheers

Tom

PS: I am not subscribed, please keep me in CC on the thread.

Josef