[yast-devel] Yast packages .spec cleanups
Hello everyone,

I have new underling (Premysl Janouch) starting in packagers team from
this month. In order for him to learn about how we did and do packages
I needed to give him some old-style specs and get him to clean them up
and streamlined to current standards.

For that I noticed that Yast+friends would be nice testing ground. Thus
we (well he) would sort out the packages one by one and sent PR on
github of their respective projects.

For some it might be just spec-cleaner run for most I suspect it might
be slightly more tweaking. Regardless the requirements are:
1) clean it up
2) no excessive rpmlint warnings
3) support of 13.15+ (SLE12, openSUSE13.2, ...)

Any other requirements you would like to see and know? Overall of
course he will test the packages and install them so we are fairly sure
if it actually works ;-)

Cheers

Tom

PS: I am not subscribed, please keep me in CC on the thread.
< Previous Next >