Re: [yast-devel] The Business Case for Y-Storage - Proposal vs. Device Graph
On 03/03/2016 01:43 AM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

[Stripped a huge text]

I realized my text is too large and focused on too much concrete stuff.
It needs a TL;DR so the main point is more clear. Here we go:

My original refactoring of the proposal was intended to solve a number
of problems. In its original shape, it also introduced the new problem
exposed by HuHa in this thread. Let's call it "problem X". That problem
was pointed during the code review and fixed before the merge.

I don't get the relation between problem X and other problems I have
pointed in other code reviews and in my mails. I don't get why the
existence of problem X at a given point in time should stop us from
discussing other problems.

Moreover, the fact that problem X was detected and solved during a code
review is, IMHO, an argument to keep discussing design stuff in code
reviews. And I have the feeling that it has, to the contrary, become an
excuse to avoid discussions on completely unrelated stuff.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH