Re: [yast-devel] installer can't find existing BIOS partitions
Dne 28.1.2016 v 23:56 Felix Miata napsal(a):
Any way to restart YaST without reboot? This system is taking about 8 minutes
to boot to the initial license screen.

You can start the installation with "startshell=1" boot option.

Then a shell session will be started before YaST. Type "yast" to start the
installation/upgrade. If you need to restart YaST then simply abort it.
I'll be redirected back to the shell where you can use "yast" again.
And again and again.... I use this trick when debugging the installer.

You can do the same without "startshell=1" option but then after abort you I'll
get
into linuxrc. You can start the installatin again but it will take a bit more
time
then from the shell as written above.

(Note: after restarting from linuxrc YaST switches to "manual" mode where it
displays
some additional popups, usually related to HW detection.)

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer