Re: [yast-devel] RFC: Yast Logging Format
Dne 23.1.2016 v 00:11 Christian Boltz napsal(a):
Hmm, now I'm slightly confused ;-)

You need (and have) a tool to make the log readable, and still you
refuse to improve the log format?

It's not a reformatting tool it just colorizes the output (errors in red,
warnings orange, etc...). Just to make the errors emphasized in the terminal
to easily look for possible problems.

BTW: how does the log look after the showy2log formatting? Some example
lines or a screenshot on paste.opensuse.org would be nice ;-)

See http://paste.opensuse.org/65261426

I run it using the "y2tool showy2log -- tail -f" command to colorize just the
new lines.

Optionally it can also reformat the maps and arrays (split to several lines)
but I do not use that feature (the log then usually scrolls faster and takes
much
more lines).

--

Ladislav Slez√°k