Re: [yast-devel] Feedback needed: users screen
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 17:52:34 +0100
On 01/21/2016 09:19 AM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
After getting some bug reports about usability of the "create user"
screen during installation we have decided to do something about it...
but it's not so easy.

[...]

My proposal
===========

First of all, I'd move (A) to the final installation summary screen,
where we already have things like installing the bootloader on MBR or
disabling the firewall, configuring hardware and so on. It's one of
those advanced settings that most users will not touch.

About B, that's how the proposal would look like...
...if no previous users were detected
http://paste.opensuse.org/79458151
...if a partition with users is detected
http://paste.opensuse.org/10570162

This is already implemented and fully working here.
https://github.com/ancorgs/yast-users/tree/rethink_inst_user

This is how it looks at the moment (acceptable, I'd say).
http://paste.opensuse.org/47244835

The texts (both the labels and the help) still need some love
(suggestions are welcome). But in general it works and behaves correctly
in all situations I have tested (including going backwards in the
install process)... not to mention a huge code refactoring.

Next step, finding a good place for "encryption method".

Cheers
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH