Re: [yast-devel] Feedback needed: users screen
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 13:35:39 +0100
On 01/21/2016 11:30 AM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
On 21.1.2016 09:19, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

[...]

[...]

My proposal
===========

First of all, I'd move (A) to the final installation summary screen,
where we already have things like installing the bootloader on MBR or
disabling the firewall, configuring hardware and so on. It's one of
those advanced settings that most users will not touch.

Or it could be next to root password, users always have to set it anyway.

A assume that "next to root password" means one additional step after
setting the root password. That would be the easiest option to
implement, but I kind of dislike having an extra screen for such a small
and "obscure" setting.

I believe it belongs to the summary screen because:
- Many users will not know what it's about
- The default value is good for most cases, a few users would change it

If "next to root password" means in the same step that setting the root
password, I have even more reasons to dislike it. :-)

[...]

[...]

Cheers
--