Re: [yast-devel] YCP Killer appliance
Hello Josef,

I got the latest y2r from git running it after following the instructions in
README.md, but I seem to have run into a wall.

I’m running it on OpenSUSE Leap 42.1. Since YaST here is already in Ruby, it’ll
complain about all the missing YCP modules imported by my module. To solve
that, I got the files from SLES 11 SP4 media:

erico@docmobile-suse:~/Projetos/ycp2ruby> unsquashfs -d squashfs-root-root
/mnt/usbstick/boot/x86_64/root
erico@docmobile-suse:~/Projetos/ycp2ruby> unsquashfs -d squashfs-root-common
/mnt/usbstick/boot/x86_64/common

Then I added the relevant dirs to LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

erico@docmobile-suse:~/Projetos/ycp2ruby> export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/Projetos/ycp2ruby/squashfs-root-root/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:~/Projetos/ycp2ruby/squashfs-root-root/usr/lib64:~/Projetos/ycp2ruby/squashfs-root-common/usr/lib64

It finds everything it needs, throws a couple of deprecated code warnings…
until it hits the native Perl loaders:

ycpc: symbol lookup error:
/home/erico/Projetos/ycp2ruby/squashfs-root-root/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/LibStorage.so:
undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr

These were compiled with a different version of the interpreter.

I reproduced the above in a SLES 11 SP4 VM, and it appears to have got past
that point, but there were Ruby syntax errors. Apparently there are language
syntax differences between Ruby 1.8 and Ruby 2.1?

I’ll keep working. Let’s see what happens.

--
— Erico Mendonça

Dedicated Support Engineer
SUSE

Em [DATE], "[NAME]" <[ADDRESS]> escreveu:

On Thu, 7 Jan 2016 13:37:29 +0000