[yast-devel] YaST got its own tessuite in openQA
Hey all,

YaST got its own test suite[1] called "yast2_ui_gnome"[2] in openQA.

That means that we can put our YaST-related tests into this own test
suite. It is based on an already installed Gnome HDD-image. That means
the test run is much faster, since we skip installation here.

Currently there are all the yast_UI tests and the CLI tests, some of the
zypper tests and one of the ncurses tests.

They were not put in the standard 'kde' or 'gnome' test suite to not
make them bigger and longer-running than they are now. Those two suites
are also run as the staging tests ans therefor run very often.

Some of the yast tests should of course remain in the standard testsuite
- but I think I will at least copy some tests to the new yast2_ui_gnome
to have them all together.

I suggest to put most of our new yast thest to the new suite. Only tests
of some core functionality (like package installation or so) shout get
or remain in the standard testsuite.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Christopher Hofmann

[1] A test suite is a collection of single tests. Find them listed here
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?groupid=1&version=Tumbleweed&distri=opensuse&build=20151118

[2] Have a look here
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/101451/modules/zypper_lr/steps/1
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)