Re: [yast-devel] Ruby 'next' considered dangerous
On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 13:23:31 +0100
Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 18.11.2015 12:32, Arvin Schnell wrote:
But it shows that the concept of 'we have to test everything'
does not work in practice. So any help from static code analysis
tools should be welcomed or to quote John Carmack "it is
irresponsible to not use it" [1].

Looks like there are a lot of tools that do purely formal stuff like
Rubocop, i.e. enforcing if your blanks and empty lines are set
correctly, but not very many that concentrate on technical issues.

One I just found with a 5 minute Google search was this:

https://github.com/YorickPeterse/ruby-lint

Has anybody here tried that before? Maybe it's useful for us.

Kind regards

I don't try it, but looks interesting. I just do not think we should
make it "hard" requirement (like do not submit package when something
found). More like hints what can go wrong as for ruby with meta
programming only think you can say for sure, is that everything can be
changed :)

Josef