Re: [yast-devel] Ruby 'next' considered dangerous
  • From: Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 13:23:31 +0100
On 18.11.2015 12:32, Arvin Schnell wrote:
But it shows that the concept of 'we have to test everything'
does not work in practice. So any help from static code analysis
tools should be welcomed or to quote John Carmack "it is
irresponsible to not use it" [1].

Looks like there are a lot of tools that do purely formal stuff like Rubocop, i.e. enforcing if your blanks and empty lines are set correctly, but not very many that concentrate on technical issues.

One I just found with a 5 minute Google search was this:

https://github.com/YorickPeterse/ruby-lint

Has anybody here tried that before? Maybe it's useful for us.

Kind regards
--
Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx>
YaST Developer

SUSE Linux GmbH
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany