Re: [yast-devel] Adding snapper/libstorage to Jenkins
On 5.11.2015 14:28, Josef Reidinger wrote:
That is entirely exaggerated: On my machine I can work on
libstorage, snapper and yast2-core without having to change the
set of installed packages. Maybe that's different in the Ruby
world but for C/C++ some extra libraries in general do not hurt.

so you propose to create such heavy weight beast image that contain all
development libraries in our cloud setup? And ensure everything is up
to date. And to be honest it is not some, it is a lot of libraries, its
devel packages and generators ( like bison or flex ).

So you create for all distribution such beast with tons of extra
libraries and then using it? And do you expect that newcomers do it
same way? I think maybe some other people that touch yast and snapper
or libstorage can compare how hard/easy is to contribute and use such
infrastructure, how well it is documented and so on.

Let's put it this way: Let developers do what they want - I do not care
how and where someone develops code if it's good, understandable,
well-covered by unit tests and well-documented.

But what I do care is this: when we have a continuous automation for
validation (build and check), then I want it to be simple and unified. I
do not want special hacky per-repository Sherl scripts, cloud images, or
anything like that. I want to use tools that exist for the purpose they
can do best. As an example: build service builds packages, we have to
use it anyway (OBS/IBS) and thus I want build service for that task.

Thank you
Lukas

SLE Department, SUSE Linux