Re: [yast-devel] Adding snapper/libstorage to Jenkins
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 10:19:13 +0100
On 5.11.2015 13:57, Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 01:03:00PM +0100, Josef Reidinger wrote:

My problem is that current command require whole complex development
environment. Just try to visit some of your collegues that do e.g.
packaging of perl scripts and let them try to create package for
snapper. I think you will see that installing many various packages is
not so funny just to create one tarball.

That is not the feedback I get. When I compare the contributions
to e.g. snapper and yast2-storage we should change yast2-storage
but not snapper.

Red herring. Snapper is a fancy tool built on top of btrfs (*) for
making FS snapshots and playing with them, while Yast is and always was
a SUSE-specific tool for installation and configuration. If you want to
compare apples and apples, compare Yast before switching to Ruby and
Rake and before that.

Lukas

* hold your stones, no need to throw them now :)

SLE Department, SUSE Linux