Re: [yast-devel] Adding snapper/libstorage to Jenkins
On 5.11.2015 12:40, Josef Reidinger wrote:
We cannot and we don't want to dumb down the C++ development
environments that much. That would hit us hard in our everyday work.

"we" mean you? or is there some group that think that for any small
trivial change in any package you need halg day setup of your
environment. Even for trivial typo fix?
Of course if you do regularly such work, it make sense to have
specialized environment for development, but please do not force
everyone wanting to do any change in package to spend such time.

And this is what brings me back to square 1: Déjà vu

If I'm not mistaken, HuHa was recently complaining about "You have to do
too many things to fix a little thing in Yast". This is the same.

Let's keep Jenkins Simple and Stupid:
- Create *.spec and *.tar.bz2
- Call OBS to build it
- Run unit tests during build

Is there anything simpler than that?

Anyone can still do this manually, even for different distributions.
Anyone can start their VMs if they want.

I'm sorry, but I'm definitely against anything (else) that we would need
to keep maintaining in the future, such as connector to Cloud for
running some pre-built images. What I want is to make the life easier
for developers - auto-check and auto-submission to correct projects,
that's it. We already have a pretty example how this could work: All
Yast projects.

Thanks in advance
Lukas

SLE Department, SUSE Linux