Re: [yast-devel] Adding snapper/libstorage to Jenkins
On 5.11.2015 11:15, Josef Reidinger wrote:
4. make -f Makefile.repo && rake osc:build

This currently SUCCEEDS! :)
For me nice step forward, but we really have to remove such
dependencies in tarball creation process.

Yes, I agree, but I haven't found any simpler way to generate
the .spec file from .spec.in

We've got rid of spec.in in all Yast repos (also) for this reason, but
snapper/libstorage doesn't support it.

it can be replaced by trivial bash script that do replacement. I think
all autotools machinery is not needed to do trivial version ( library
version ) replacement.

I definitely agree.

Anyway, `make -f Makefile.repo` is in the README. `osc:build` is then
used as the simplest way to create package and build it.

yeah, README document current state, but it is not set in stone. We can
make it easier for newcommers and even for oldies.

README is usually the place where newcomers start. Let's plan this again
for new sprint and take old gangsters, different distributions and wild
newcomers into account.

I believe we need a simple working solution reusing what we already have
somewhere already (e.g. OBS), instead of new infrastructure that need
maintenance. I also believe that we should unify that with
libyui/linuxrc?/and other C/C++ friends. No need to create YET another
*-devel-build-tool for snapper and YET another for libstorage.

Lukas

SLE Department, SUSE Linux