Re: [yast-devel] Adding snapper/libstorage to Jenkins
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 13:24:12 +0100
Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 05.11.2015 12:40, Josef Reidinger wrote:
"we" mean you? or is there some group that think that for any small
trivial change in any package you need halg day setup of your
environment. Even for trivial typo fix?
Of course if you do regularly such work, it make sense to have
specialized environment for development, but please do not force
everyone wanting to do any change in package to spend such time.

This is a cardinal error in this thought: Make life hard for those
who do it everyday - and try to make it easy for those who do it once
in a while.

How easy tarball creation can make your life harder? What changed for
you? I do not want to force anything to any developer, I just say that
some of our current stuff is hard to do isolated. you can still use
your VMs, I do not see how this changed.

Josef

If only such people actually existed.

CU