Re: [yast-devel] Adding snapper/libstorage to Jenkins
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 09:50:29 +0100
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3.11.2015 15:55, Josef Reidinger wrote:
3. Several newly installed packages at vm-yast-ci-worker (automake,
libtool, gcc-c++, libmount-devel, dbus-1-devel, libacl-devel)

This is for me the most ugly part. There is huge risk for us to
again hit problems like:
1) package is for Leap, but versions above is for factory
2) worker do not have recent enough versions, so we do not detect
problems earlier
3) we have to maintain it on server side.

As said, this was just the first step - to have something working now,
to show what needs fixing/enhancing.

That is reason why we introduce idea of simple git tarball and using
osc to do all generation, building and other steps.

4. make -f Makefile.repo && rake osc:build

This currently SUCCEEDS! :)
For me nice step forward, but we really have to remove such
dependencies in tarball creation process.

Yes, I agree, but I haven't found any simpler way to generate
the .spec file from .spec.in

We've got rid of spec.in in all Yast repos (also) for this reason, but
snapper/libstorage doesn't support it.

it can be replaced by trivial bash script that do replacement. I think
all autotools machinery is not needed to do trivial version ( library
version ) replacement.

Anyway, `make -f Makefile.repo` is in the README. `osc:build` is then
used as the simplest way to create package and build it.

yeah, README document current state, but it is not set in stone. We can
make it easier for newcommers and even for oldies.

Josef

HTH
Lukas