Re: [yast-devel] Adding snapper/libstorage to Jenkins
On 3.11.2015 16:32, Arvin Schnell wrote:
2) worker do not have recent enough versions, so we do not detect
problems earlier

Detecting problems as early as possible is good - not a problem.

That is reason why we introduce idea of simple git tarball and using
osc to do all generation, building and other steps.

Just create a VM in the cloud, start the correct image, do the
packaging and delete the VM again. Isn't that the whole idea of
the cloud?

Except the fact, that this is definitely

- Beyond of the scope of putting snapper/libstorage to Jenkins
- Yet another type of build process that we would need to maintain
- Far from trivial or simple enough

This is also the reason why I simply decided to use Yast build tools: We
already maintain them anyway, they work even for non-Ruby projects
(core), we have the infrastructure in place.

Yes, I agree, that adding Ruby/Rake into snapper just because of these
things is not a good reason, we just need to make libyui-rake a bit more
generic (+ rename), prepare snapper for that tool and then convert.

My little project was more about trying and failing in a way that shows
what needs to be done. It's some kind of a Proof of Concept. Now I'm
putting the task back to Sprint Backlog.

HTH and Thanks for your opinions
Lukas

SLE Department, SUSE Linux