[yast-devel] Branching day
Happy SP1 branching day

When?
=====

Today I'll do the first round of branching for SLE12-SP1 in the yast
repositories.

15:00 CET sounds like a good moment for it. So you have a couple of
hours to yield before I push the big red button.

What I expect from you all?
===========================

Just review this mail and point anything that is wrong.

What that branching means?
==========================

For openSUSE not much. Everything merged into master will be
automagically submitted to Factory/Tumbleweed. No change there.

For SLE12 things will change, stuff merged into master will not be
longer automatically submitted to SUSE:SLE-11-SP1:GA, but to
SUSE:SLE-11-SP2:GA

Submissions to Leap will continue being coolo's and DimStar's business
unless we are told otherwise. So we assume they will take care of
keeping SLE12-SP1 and 42.1 in sync using updates or any other mean.

What to do if you still want to modify SP1?

Easy. Just merge your stuff into the SLE-12-SP1 branch. And then, from
there, run
rake osc:sr
That will create the SR targeting SP1 for you.

Which repositories are affected
===============================
In today's branching it would be these. Please review the list.
- yast-add-on-creator
- yast-add-on
- yast-apparmor
- yast-audit-laf
- yast-auth-client
- yast-auth-server
- yast-autoinstallation
- yast-boot-server
- yast-bootloader
- yast-branding
- yast-ca-management
- yast-cio
- yast-cluster
- yast-control-center-gnome
- yast-control-center
- yast-core
- yast-dbus-server
- yast-devtools
- yast-dhcp-server
- yast-dns-server
- yast-drbd
- yast-fcoe-client
- yast-firewall
- yast-firstboot
- yast-ftp-server
- yast-geo-cluster
- yast-hardware-detection
- yast-http-server
- yast-inetd
- yast-installation
- yast-instserver
- yast-iplb
- yast-iscsi-client
- yast-iscsi-lio-server
- yast-isns
- yast-journal
- yast-kdump
- yast-ldap
- yast-live-installer
- yast-mail
- yast-metapackage-handler
- yast-migration
- yast-multipath
- yast-network
- yast-nfs-client
- yast-nfs-server
- yast-nis-client
- yast-nis-server
- yast-ntp-client
- yast-online-update-configuration
- yast-online-update
- yast-packager
- yast-pam
- yast-perl-bindings
- yast-pkg-bindings
- yast-printer
- yast-product-creator
- yast-proxy
- yast-rear
- yast-registration
- yast-reipl
- yast-ruby-bindings
- yast-s390
- yast-samba-client
- yast-samba-server
- yast-scanner
- yast-schema
- yast-security
- yast-services-manager
- yast-slp
- yast-slp-server
- yast-snapper
- yast-sound
- yast-squid
- yast-storage
- yast-sudo
- yast-support
- yast-sysconfig
- yast-testsuite
- yast-tftp-server
- yast-theme
- yast-transfer
- yast-tune
- yast-update
- yast-users
- yast-vm
- yast-xml
- yast2

The following repos are already branched, as far as I know. Am I missing
any?
- yast-slide-show
- yast-x11
- yast-country

I don't know how to proceed with the following repos. I don't understand
how they work. Hints?
- yast-skelcd-control-SLED
- yast-skelcd-control-SLES
- yast-installation-control

This repositories are NOT branched because they are not under the
control of the YaST Team and, thus, are not in ci.suse.de
- yast-crowbar
- yast-docker

This repositories are NOT branched because they are in openSUSE but not
in SLE12. I wonder if we should drop them from openSUSE as well
- yast-python-bindings
- yast-rdp

What's next
===========

I'll do the same branching for libyui-xx, but first I want to unify the
rake tasks in libyui-rake to make them behave exactly how yast-rake
does. Expect the branching of libyui-xx and yast-ycp-ui-bindings to
happen tomorrow.

What I'm hoping not to break
============================

I don't expect the following jobs from ci.suse.de to be affected by the
branching. Ping me if I'm wrong
- yast-integration-test
- yast-needinfo-checker

Same for the following jobs from ci.opensuse.org. I don't expect
anything needed or affected there:
- yast-bootloader-github-push
- yast-devtools-github-push
- yast-integration-test
- yast-needinfo-checker
- yast-pull-requests-checker
- yast-rake-ci-github-pr
- yast-rake-ci-github-push
- yast-rake-ci-master
- yast-registration-github-pr
- yast-registration-github-push
- yast-skelcd-control-openSUSE-LangAddOn-master
- yast-skelcd-control-openSUSE-master
- yast-skelcd-control-openSUSE-openSUSE-42_1

Thats all folks.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH