Re: [yast-devel] Adding snapper/libstorage to Jenkins
On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 03:55:12PM +0100, Josef Reidinger wrote:

Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've been working on this task ($SUBJECT,
https://trello.com/c/Rg7bI6rP/367-3-add-libstorage-snapper-to-jenkins)
for some time and implemented a simple but ugly solution:

1. New Jenkins project:
https://ci.suse.de/view/openSUSE/job/snapper/configure
2. New simple Rakefile at
https://github.com/kobliha/snapper/tree/jenkins_support
3. Several newly installed packages at vm-yast-ci-worker (automake,
libtool, gcc-c++, libmount-devel, dbus-1-devel, libacl-devel)

This is for me the most ugly part. There is huge risk for us to again
hit problems like:

2) worker do not have recent enough versions, so we do not detect
problems earlier

Detecting problems as early as possible is good - not a problem.

That is reason why we introduce idea of simple git tarball and using
osc to do all generation, building and other steps.

Just create a VM in the cloud, start the correct image, do the
packaging and delete the VM again. Isn't that the whole idea of
the cloud?

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxxx>